YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Opposition...

Hello my beloved family and friends, I am writting you from San Jose today, we woke up at 230 after a nice "nap" to get on the bus at 4, we arrived here about 30 minutes ago. We have a conference with Elder Amado from the area 70 and then a meeting and conference with the Vice President of Costa Rica. He is interested in the church and has found a desire to get to know the missionaries and understand why we do what we do. The Gospel will touch EVERY ear and EVERY heart until it has spread the world! The gospel can even touch some of the highest people in Society. The gospel is great and can make the change in any who let it. This week I saw, once again, real opposition against the church. I felt the same way I did when they did witchcraft of us in Pavas, but thats a story for another day. This week I went with an Assistant to San Vito, a BEAUTIFUL area in our zone, the only area that is not only chilly, but COLD! Its so beautiful, if you have ever seen Twilight you will feel at home in Forks, because San Vito is just like it. We visited a family that we were hoping would progress. At first everything went perfectly, they accepted the invitation to hear the gospel and we began sharing the message of the restoration. We passed Jesus Christ establishing His church and got to Prophets. I began to share my testimony that God, after having stopped the flow of revelation during the apostasty, lovingly opened his arms out to his children by calling a prophet today. The wife´s expression TOTALLY changed. She said "you mean to tell me that today there is a prophet" "yes I said, if God is the same yesterday, today and forever, he would have to call a Prophet." I said, "And WHO is this "prophet"?" She asked me. I pulled out my insert from the Liahona and proudly showed her the picture of our beloved Prophet. I felt strong in my testimony as I bore witness that he is a living breathing witness of God in our day, when I saw her expression change again. She bowed her head....and began to laugh at me. She was laughing so hard. At first I thought, did I say something wrong in Spanish? Or is it the whole prophet thing? She raised her head and basically told me how stupid we were for believing in Prophets. She said she knew President Monson personally and knew that his "fruits" were nothing short of diabolic. I sat with my jaw to the floor. I felt a rage inside of me and thought "how does she have the nerve to say this about a man who has only lived his entire life in the service of God and others? how can she judge him when she doesnt even know him." At that moment, the spirit totally left. And for the first time I felt out of words....I quietly bowed my head and looked at the other 3 missionaries, we didnt know what to do. I started to bear testimony again and saw her smile grow bigger and bigger. I honestly felt the nerve to throw my backpack in her face, but I controlled myself. Haha. We all took turns bearing the strongest testimony we could muster, but it just wasnt enough. I left the lesson feeling sad. I wanted to bury my head in my hands and cry, but instead I heard the scipture "Alza tu cabeza y sè de buen animo" (lift up your head and be of good cheer) I felt comforted and strong in my testimony that God has called a prophet. And just because I KNOW that, doesnt change that people can deny it. Satan can stray other people off the path, but he cannot stray me. I know that there is opposition as a part of Gods plan, but there is so much opposition against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because why would Satan want the true church to prosper when he too knows its true. His only goal is to destroy the kingdom of God, but he cannot do that as long as there are missionaries willing to bear their testimonies in the midst of so much opposition, laughter, spitting, yelling, and things being hauled at you. Its all part of the experience. Its helped me to grow so much in my testimony. The church is true. IT HAS TO BE. I love you all with all my heart. Thanks for being with me on this journey. Stay strong and remember I love you. Elder Falor Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment