YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 28, 2011

Week 53 un milagro

Hello everyone! I am so happy to be writing you this week and tell you about the miracle that we saw. On friday we headed to the Nicaraguan Embassy with Mario and determined to get a passport. When we arrived we had almost everything against us. It was downpouring and cold and we were walking from San Jose central to the Embassy. Our orignal plan was to talk to the Consulate and demand a passport, and as we arrived we realized that she was just driving off and had finished her time for the day. Apparently you need to arrive before noon to talk to her. The next thing we had against us was the fact that Mario, in order to take out a Provisional Passport (lasts for only 9 months), needed a birth certificate which we didnt have. We reluctantly arrived at the first counter and explained our situation. I saw the face of the lady who the last time I went to the embassy with Elder Gibbs in San Ramon turned us down and told us to go home, my heart dropped and I began saying a prayer and asking the Lord to help us. He passed through the first counter and headed to the second, I couldnt hear what the man was saying, I just saw him shaking his head and my heart sank even more, but then I heard him speak as a smile came across his face as he said, ¨Normally, we cant do this, but I am going to do you a favor¨ We almost jumped up and down right then and there when we heard that. THe same day they gave him his passport and we only lasted about 25 minutes in the Nicaraguan embassy. We left and realized that what had just happened doesnt happen everyday or every once in awhile, it was a blessing from the Lord. I told him that it was a testimony builder, that if he was getting baptized in the wrong church, the Lord would not have blessed us with such a miracle. We are excited to see the baptism this Saturday, and I am excited because he has asked me to perfom the baptism. We were excited as well on Sunday when all the members jumped at the chance to help. It was strange, the Relief Society went nuts when they heard wedding and ALL wanted to help, they gave us rings, offered to bring food, soda, and make a cake. It was just what we needed. It will be a special experience for all of us. We are now on the lookout for families for November, we found a family who had grown up in the catholic church, honestly, only because their parents had said thats what they should do. They had lots of doubts and lots of questions, that with the Lord´s help we were able to answer. We are hoping and praying and being obedient so the Lord will be willing to bless us with some more of his miracles and lead us to his choice sons and daughters. I´m pretty sure we saw the sun for the first time in a long time this morning, I freaked out to the point I wrote it in my journal and judged it important enough to tell you all about it. We are getting lots of rain, especially here in San Fra, but the work goes on, and I love it. Even though I am sick, I find it easy to leave the house and get to work. I love being a missionary with each passing day. Even though its the biggest trial I will ever have to pass I am glad for trials we have and for the specific tests the Lord has given me, I am amazed to know that He loves me enough to help me learn and grow in my trials. I am learning bit by bit and day by day and it just keeps getting better. This baptism and thing with Mario was a trial of our faith, but we held strong and trusted in Him and He made it happen. THats really what happens when we leave it all in the Lord´s hands. I hope you all know how much I love you, I pray for you always. Keep the faith and lose the fear. con mucho amor, Elder Falor -- Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment