YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 16, 2010

Called to Serve!

I have officially received my mission call! As of Wednesday July, 14, 2010 at 1:30 PM. Mom and Dad were waiting for me at home and we all stood in the street as I opened the mail box and we all screamed a bit and rejoiced while still in the street. My mom began crying even before I opened the mail box, we are a pretty emotional family, cause my dad and I cried after we got inside.

It was a strange feeling holding the envelope that holds the place and information of where I will spend the next 2 years! Even worse, I couldn't open it until 8:30 that night because my sister (Chelsey) wouldn't be off work until then. So in an attempt to take my mind off it, I hid it in my sock drawer and went over to Maddy's.

Later with all my family and friends and people I care about I opened it at about 8:45 PM..

I have been Called to Serve as a Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the Costa Rica San Jose Mission. I will be preaching the Gospel in the Spanish language and I report to the MTC on October 20th, 2010.

GAH! I cried like a baby through the whole thing but it was such a spiritual experience, and I have never felt so happy and so full of love and gratitude. I literally felt as though Heavenly Father picked this mission JUST for me. It couldn't be more perfect for me! Everything falls into place the right way, and opening my call made it all more real and definitely strengthened my testimony of the Savior, My Heavenly Father and the surety that I KNOW that this is the true church on the Earth today! :)

The past two days I've been frantically searching the internet for more information about Costa Rica and reading all I can about it, it seems like a BEAUTIFUL place with beautiful scenery and people. I am absolutely THRILLED to spread the gospel and give people the hope, peace, and happiness that I feel through the gospel.

I will miss my family and friends more than any of them will ever know, but I know the work I will be doing is divine, and it will be a huge blessing to them and me.

Throughout my process I will keep updating all this information and let you all know whats going on :)

1 comment:

  1. Im so so proud of you Kolby Falor. Your are going to be an OUTSTANDING missionary. And im so glad i got to be there to experince you opening your call :)

    Love Always,
    Your Best Friend

    ReplyDelete