YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm ready to be amazed...


So today was a very good day... :) I absolutely love days like today.

Those moments that my heart gets to feel of the spirit are those that I cherish so much. I crave that feeling. Like a fat kid loves cake...I'm serious...I hunger over it.

So today I had the opportunity to go to the Logan Temple and perform Baptisms and Confirmations for members of my friend's family, who had passed on. It was such a spiritual experience I will never forget it...


Maddy's sister-in-law was getting these names temple-ready and when she was she said she had a feeling one of them was ready, and they were greatly appreciating the work she had done down here.

I was being baptized in proxy by Maddy's dad and he said a name that just struck me and felt like it had made a home in my stomach, I had an overwhelming feeling of joy as I was dunked under the water. It was all I could do to hold back my tears. I knew that this man was waiting for me to do his work down here. And after, when I was being confirmed by proxy I felt the spirit even stronger proving to me that there are MILLIONS of those that have passed on that NEED us to do their work...it showed me how close the veil really is, and it strengthened my testimony in family history work and temple ordinances.

What an important aspect of life, to save those who can't save themselves anymore. wow...it was so amazing. I knew Alvin Stamps was looking down on me and smiling the largest grin he could pull off...And my heart was happy, and I felt TRUE joy and peace being in God's house for a day.

I love the temples. Absolutely love them! They make me want to stay worthy at all times to enter into them and perform saving ordinances for those who are dead.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. :D

1 comment:

  1. I wish i could have come in. But what i cool experence for you to have :)

    ReplyDelete